Volunteers are very special people who offer their time and talents to be of service to others. ACTS offers many varied volunteer positions to individuals and groups for each of our programs. Your interests and experience may determine the area in which you wish to serve. Training is provided to all new volunteers.
Volunteer Application Forms
Individual Application Form – use this form if you are an individual looking to volunteer.
Group Application Form - use this form if you are a group looking to volunteer.
To learn more about each volunteer opportunity, please use our Opportunity Directory. You may find it helpful to have it open while filling out the application.
Other Ways You Can Help
What can I do to help ACTS?
- Donate to ACTS online
- Work in our office in general administrative duties
- Serve on a committee to organize fundraising
- Lead a children’s group for Nurturing Parenting Program
- Emergency Assistance Caseworker (Commitment of at least 6 months)
- Turning Points Advocate / Group Leader
- Helpline Phone Listener
- Teach a Life Skills class
- Baby sit during Life Skills classes
- Work in the emergency food pantry
- Receive and stock merchandise in the ACTS Thrift Store
- Help organize food drives
- SAVAS hospital accompaniment
- Translate for non-English speaking clients
- Assist with grant writing and research
- Help with bulk mailings and newsletters
- Pick up donated food and other items from local businesses (Requires a pick-up, van or large vehicle)
- Assist with Thrift Store pick-ups
- Maintain play areas and shelter grounds
- Plant flowers and shrubs in shelter yards
- Assist with outdoor special events and fundraisers
- November: Operation Turkey: help with bagging meals and distribution
- November: Silent Auction: help with set-up, during the event, and clean-up
- Teach Conversational Spanish to ACTS Staff
Please note: Some volunteer positions require specialized training, which ACTS will provide. For any of the above, complete an application and call 703-441-8606, ext. 213.